Report abuse or neglect: Call 1-800-252-5400

TRIAD Prevention Program: Call 713-295-2600

Harris County Resources

for Children and Adults
At the Heart of Families

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I help my troubled teenager?

Get help for At-Risk Youth through the following programs:

Community Youth Services Program

TRIAD Prevention Program

The HAY Center (for current and former foster youth only)

Where do I get help for my runaway teen?

For prevention and intervention services, please contact:

Community Youth Services Program

Safety Net Program

TRIAD Prevention Program

My teen and I are having trouble getting along as a family. How can you help?

My child is being bullied. Where can I get help?

My family is in need of assistance with basic necessities. Where can I get help?

Visit our Publications page for the CYS Resource Guide and Natural Support Resource Guide, which list community organizations, churches and groups that provide assistance to families. 

If you are a current or former foster youth, contact The HAY Center.

Will your Guardianship Program take care of my relative?

Harris County Probate Courts determine who needs a public guardian. Without the determination, HCPS Guardianship Program cannot serve as a guardian.

I would like to be a guardian of my relative. What do I need to know?

There are many resources available for anyone serving as a guardian. Visit our Pinterest page for more information. 

I know an adult who can care for him/herself but needs assistance managing their finances.

In an effort to reduce exploitation, the Representative Payee Program provides voluntary financial management assistance to adults.

I know someone who is aging in their own home. How can I help them?

More and more Americans are choosing to “age in place.” For more information, visit our Pinterest page

Where can I take my newborn baby if I cannot care for him/her?

The Baby Moses Law allows parents to leave a baby (up to 60 days old) with an employee on duty at any hospital, emergency medical services provider or child welfare agency in Texas with no criminal consequences. 

For more information, call the Baby Moses Hotline, which our HCPS Intake Diversion staff manages.

How can I report abuse/neglect of a child, senior or disabled person?

To report abuse or find information about an existing case, please visit our close partner DFPS